Buy a Compost Bin
Compost bins and accessories are available for purchase from the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District.
The District has compost bins, a kitchen collection pail and other accessories for sale. See the list below.
Compost equipment can be purchased at the Solid Waste District, 4750 East 131 Street in Garfield Heights. Our regular office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM. Seasonally, the Solid Waste District is also open on the second Saturday of each month for compost bin sales.
Additionally, compost equipment can be purchased at in-person compost seminars.
Cash or check sales only. No credit cards accepted.
Annual Composting Survey
Do you compost at home? Each year, the Solid Waste District measures the number of households in the county that have backyard composting. Consider completing our composting survey for 2022; the deadline to respond is March 15, 2023. Survey respondents will be entered in a drawing to receive a free GeoBin.
Composts food and yard waste.
- 80 gallons, 33 x 33
- Easy assembly: parts snap together, no tools required
- Twist locking lid
- Harvest door for compost removal
- BPA free, made from recycled content
See an Earth Machine demonstration video from Wake County, North Carolina.
Lightweight, easy to assemble and disassemble. Wide opening to add contents and work the pile. Up to 75% recycled plastic.
Best for yard waste!
- Easy assembly - rolled sheet of plastic fastened with closure keys - no tools required
- Up to 246 gallon capacity (33 cubic feet).
- Size is adjustable from 2' to 3.75' in diameter. 36" tall
- Accepts large quantities of yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, and more).
- Compost food scraps. See do's and don'ts in Composting Guide
- Ventilation accelerates decomposition
- Can be used as a secondary bin for storing large amounts of leaves or other material
Note: This composter does not have a lid/cover. Lids are not necessary for proper composting but can help maintain moisture levels. If you prefer to add a cover, we suggest adding a tarp, securing it with bungee cords or other fasteners.
To learn more about setup, view the instructional video or see the instruction sheet.
Sure-Close Compost Pail
- 1.9 gallons; 11 x 9.5 food scrap holding pail
- Dishwasher safe
- Vents for air flow, lid stands for secure closure, grips for easy handling
- Odor and blemish resistant, HDPE plastic
Compost Crank Twist
- Compost aerator: 32" tall with a working depth 29", 1.5 pounds
- Made of sturdy 3/8 inch solid round stainless steel bar with a comfortable cushion grip
- Curved cane handle perfect for easy left, right, or two handed cranking deep into compost; mixes and aerates compost easily
- Handcrafted in Tucson, AZ on machinery made from recycled parts
See a compost aerator demonstration video . The Compost Crank Twist, available for purchase from the District, is demonstrated at the 0:53 mark.
- Easy-read dial with stainless steel body and stainless steel 19 inch probe